The Hospital Handbook is more than just a blog.
Most important is the community the work around this project creates. The creation and sustainment of this community of hospital-practice Acupuncturists is essential to the following things the Handbook project aims to support:
1. Create a Community
2. Create a source of information. Get this information to those who need it.
3. Discuss standards of profession and professional practice, particularly as it pertains to Licensed Acupuncturists working in the hospital/medical center setting.
I. Create a Community.
Develop a community of hospital practice Licensed Acupuncturists.
- Share our wisdom.
- Help each other avoid "re-inventing the wheel" each time a new clinic is set up or an Acupuncturist is hired at a center for the first time or for each L.Ac. starting hospital practice. This community is also useful for each current hospital-practice L.Ac. who might be venturing into different patient population or type of clinic.
- Encourage each other.
- Increase and improve our knowledge and practice standards together.
II. Create a source of information. Get this information to those who need it.
- Hospital practice L.Ac.s
- The hospital administration that supports those L.Ac.s, in particular the Hospital Sponsor.
- This blog
- Future book(s), based on concepts this blog aims to cover and connection to relevant written materials vetted by the community.
III. Discuss standards of profession and professional practice
Create a forum for discussing those standards of good practice to develop our professional standards as a whole and enhance our own practice.
- related Facebook group
- related LinkedIn group
Crowdfunding Campaign page just launched to run for the month of May (2017). You can contribute to the 2017 Hospital Handbook Projects through the website or through the Campaign page. See the Campaign page for details of the 2017 projects. This is not a 501c nonprofit organization, so contributions are not tax-deductible.